Monday, November 28, 2005

Æbleskiver

Æbleskiver is a round type of cake that is made in a special frying pan. I'm using an electrical one, but traditional pans for making æbleskiver looks like regular frying pans with a handle, only thicker and with concave half spheres for making the cakes round. Directly translated from Danish into English, æbleskiver means apple slices, which is weird since there are no apples in them. The batter is very similar to american pancake batter. Æbleskiver is usually only made and consumed in a christmas context.Usually they are served with some kind of preserve, marmelade or jelly and sugar.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I want one!! They look so yummy. I can't wait to try them :) If it weren't so dark and cold out I might be banging down your door for one right now! :-D

Tina said...

OMG, woman you can cook! They look to die for!! I'm getting hungry now...