My husband isn't very fond of cakes, but there is a few that he enjoys, so of course I wanted to bake one of those for his birthday. I chose to bake a mazarintærte and decorate it with strawberries and kiwis.
150 g sugar
200 g marzipan
150 g soft butter
65 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g dark chocolate
fruit to decorate with
- Whip eggs and sugar.
- Add marzipan and butter in small lumps and whip until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into greased quiche form.
- Bake at 200 deg. C. for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool off a bit.
- Melt chocolate and brush the cake with it.
- Rinse and cut fruit into suiting pieces.
- Decorate with fruit and/or berries.
Tastes even better when served with whipped cream!